S

Pages

.

.

Warm Beer Blues!

Some days I wander around in my head.
I let my imagination be freely fed.
By the streams of thoughts that spill from my mind
and I wonder how I became so defined.
 
My world appears in black and white,
I fall into a pit of fight or flight.
I wish for the way things were long ago
when fingers would fly and humor would flow.
 
I have the humor, but it's stuck in my brain
When I type it out it just seems so plain.
The stories these days, of my life on the page
Seems to be lifeless and so full of rage.
 
How I long for the days when the blog world was fun
I didn't feel so under the gun.
Remember the day I shot turkey and sheep?
from my back step I saw them lay in a heap.
 
Remember the conversation I had with OC
about Tuna fish, my daughter and me?
Those days seem to be tucked deep in the past
The true love of blogging is fading so fast.
 
The ties that bound the friendships beyond
the walls of the castle and our gator pond.
The current mood is not as sincere
can you tell I'm drinking cheap beer?
 
My hookers have scattered, left the gin cabinet bare
I'm pretty sure I'll find ugly shoes in there.
Today I stare at the tarnished ole crown
wondering why I'm feeling so down.
 
Then I remember it's simple and true
I don't take the time to get to know YOU.
I promise this, a promise I'll keep.
I'm keeping the faith, I"m taking the leap.
 
Instead of being concerned of what's here
instead of drinking this cheap ass warm beer
I'm spending tomorrow catching up with my friends
and reading their blogs right down to the ends.
 
I'm leaving you comments
 and awards will be here.
For all of you hookers
who helped dumped this warm beer!
 
have a great weekend
See ya on Monday!
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

7 comments:

  1. I'd say in order to come up with that bravo poem you have to have some love still in ya for blogging. Blogging has changed, but you can bring it back. I was just thinking the same thing as I was going through all the Wheels posts, thinking...man, blogging was so different back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get right as rain soon. I think I need a vacation from my vacation. I don't think I've been this tired in a very long time. Sure glad I waited until school was out to go back. I may not have survived if I had to get up at five and go to work.. lol..

      Delete
  2. And that was an amazing poem of art and cleverness. btw. curtsy to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your just sour because I you're off work, vacation is over, and you're not getting enough O.C. time. Come over and soak up the six-year-old-lovin's on Tuesday night while I'm working late and you'll be right as rain again. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be there. But you have to admit, you were one of the original TRIO.. and blogging these days is not as PERSONAL and engaging as it was then. You had to actually go read their blog.. and if you wanted to engage, you actually had to comment.. Now it's all email and facebitch pages.

      Delete
  4. True. We are all Facebook's bitch...and it pisses me off! Nice poem, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. and we will ween ourselves from facebook if it kills us both..

      Delete

I have more personalities than you have bras. Deal with it. Do your best to keep up. Feel free to leave a comment, chocolate or gin, your choice! Oh, if you stopped by wearing your asshole pants... I have no problem with nasty bullshit. I'll dish it back to you so fast you'll choke on it.. so go ahead... make my day!